Houston Homes for Sale
Search all Houston real estate listings below!
Houston's mix of international appeal and Southern charm have captured the imaginations of home buyers from all over the world. Houston real estate offers access to jobs, arts, music, over 10,000 restaurants, and the largest medical center in the world.
Houston is America's fourth most populous city, trailing only behind Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York. However, at 627 square miles, this magnificent city could house New York, Chicago, and LA's Downtown, Beverly Hills, and Hollywood within its borders. Houston truly is one of the most spacious cities you could choose to live in.
Whether you are looking for urban living, luxury homes for sale, beautiful bungalows, or condos in Houston, there is the perfect home waiting here for you to find.
Search Houston Homes for Sale
Search Houston Homes for Sale
Browse Communities In: Houston
About Houston Homes For Sale
Homes for sale in Houston offer buyers incredible choices in home design, architectural styling, and location. Looking for a traditional 1-story traditional Texas rancher? A luxury home in River Oaks? A downtown loft with a high walk score? It doesn't matter what your needs are, Houston real estate has you covered.
Houston has a lot of neighborhoods that offer the lifestyle that suits your situation. Houston offers access to great private and public amenities, green space, great schools, and locations close to the office.
New to the area? Here are some neighborhoods to keep your eyes on:
1. West University. Always included on the "best places to live in Houston" articles, West University homes for sale never disappoint. Known simply as "West U", this area has beautiful parks, top ranked schools, a strong community, and a great central location.
2. Midtown. Midtown Houston has seen significant growth since the onset of the 2010's. Featuring fresh, active residents that match the vibrant culture, this area is great for those who love being close to all of the excitement Houston has to offer. Midtown Houston is a great place to live, work, and play!
3. Shepherd Forest. Just northwest of the heart of the city, this 900+ home community is a tight-knit and warm Houston neighborhood. Shepherd Forest has acres and acres of lush green grass, where you will find community members having BBQs, hosting events, and enjoying their little Houston paradise.
4. Memorial Park and Washington Corridor. Just west of Downtown Houston you find the "Memorial Super Neighborhood". Memorial Park and Washington Corridor have gone through a huge architectural resurgence over the last few years. Close to excellent schools, restaurants, entertainment, parks, as well as the "Energy Corridor", living in Memorial Park and Washington Corridor means close access to anything you might need!
5. Lindale Park. Just east of the I-45, you will find the Lindale Park bungalows. Known as Houston's hidden jewel, this is one of Houston's oldest and most cherished neighborhoods. Dating back to 1937, this deed-restricted community showcases their pride and love of their area. Homeowners vie for the coveted "Yard of the Month", a friendly competition that is put on by the Lindale Park Civic Club Beautification Committee.
Houston is well-known as the Culinary and Cultural Capital of the South; with world-class museums, attractions, and beautiful parks, it is one the country's most exciting cities.
Living in Houston means so many different things to different people. Known as the hub of science and innovation, Houston has dubbed "The City of the Future". Innovators like NASA, Exxon Mobil, and Saleforce.com have all chosen Houston for their home bases.
Be ready for great weather and blue skies! With only 18 days a year of temperatures 32°F on average, Houston weather definitely suits those who hate the cold. Houston has only had 16 measurable snowfalls since 1939, so no need to pack that snow shovel!
Education is something that attracts people to Houston from all over the world. Beyond having public and charter schools, Houston is also known as a leader in higher education with more than 50 degree granting technical schools, colleges, and universities.
The number one reason why people love Houston though, is the incredible entertainment, cultural amenities, and the first-class, world renown restaurants.
With unparalleled performing arts, nightlife activity, and sporting events, this city keeps running 24/7. There is never a moment where this isn't something to do in this lively place.
Houston Nightlife. Night never ends in Houston. Head over to Pete's Dueling Piano Bar and watch the pianists duke it out on the ivories, or stop by Axelrad Beer Garden on Alabama Street for a fun night of music and beer. Bring out your dancing shoes and enjoy the nightly concert at Howl at the Moon Houston, or laugh along with some of the best comedians at the Houston Improv center.
Dining. With over 10,000 restaurants in Houston, the hardest part of dining out is agreeing on where to go. A great place to start is Indigo, featuring the expertly planned menu by Chef Jonny Rhodes. La Vista 101 is a brand new eatery quickly earning a great reputation, and features dishes like grilled Spanish octopus, fried cauliflower, and traditional pizzas.
Sports. Sports are finely integrated in the fabric of what makes Houston, Houston. Whether you are a devout Houston Texans football fan, or are in the stands at Minute Maid Park cheering on your Houston Astros, Houstonians are sport lovers and home to cup and trophy winning teams.
Outdoors. Houston is a dream for the outdoor enthusiast. Explore the Buffalo Bayou scenic hiking and biking trails, or hit a round of golf at the Wildcat Golf Club. Take the weekend and take the family on a camping trip at Stephen F. Austin State Park, or grab your beach towel and head down to Quintana Beach County Park.
Always evolving, Houston continues to impress and inspire!
^ Back to: Houston Real Estate
Copyright © 2019, Houston Realtors Information Service, Inc. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.
The IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS and should be independently verified.
Listing information last updated on March 24th, 2019 at 10:25am CDT.